Splash!!! The sound of something falling into the water makes you realize that the cell phone has fallen into the pool. Scenarios like these happen every day where accidental slips and dips occur, damaging your phone in many ways. But when such a scenario occurs, the first thing that pops into one mind is, will all those precious pictures taken over time be damaged? Will the important documents stay safe? The fear of losing the data pops out.
Even if you get lucky and your cellphone survives, then it is bound to get some hardware damage resulting in a visit to a repair shop. How will you protect your data from the pry eyes? In both scenarios, Carolina phone and iPad repair recommend you to have a data backup and recovery option available. How? is what many people must be thinking. In this blog, we will discuss how we can save and recover personal data from various eyes in case of an emergency.
Importance of Data Backup Mentioned by Carolina Phone and iPad Repair
While giving away a personal device like a cellphone to a stranger, one is bound to get worried, esp. about the data. Many authorized, tried and tested expert technicians won’t touch your data while repairing your cell phone, but there are always a few bad apples in the fruit basket. Hence prevention is better than cure.
You would not want your important emails, documents, or photos to land in bad hands. Whereas for those who believe that locking your smartphone is sufficient to secure your data, you’re mistaken. Various recovery applications available in the market can extract the data even from a locked cellphone. These applications are meant to help in difficult scenarios like those who want to recover their data in case their smartphone is dead or by law enforcement agencies. But used by the wrong people for inappropriate purposes can create havoc.
3 step rule by Carolina phone and iPad repair
According to stores best for phone repair in North Carolina, data protection is a three-step process.
· Back -up your data
· Wipe the cellphone clean
· Restore the data from the backup
What to do before sending an Apple iPhone for a Repair Appointment?
Create a data backup
· For iCloud, go to the settings of your cellphone, then go to the iCloud tab, then opt for storage and backup. Lastly, click on the backup now button for data backup.
· If trying to create a backup using iTunes, simply connect to iTunes and generate a data backup.
Wipe your data clean from the phone
Before giving your iPhone for repair and after creating a data backup, clear the cell phone away.
To remove the data from your iPhone
· go to settings
· Click on general
· select the reset option
· then click on the ‘erase all content’ button
· this will wipe clean the iPhone taking it back to the factory settings.
Restore your data
Finally, your cellphone is back from repair. Without any data and after all the necessary replacements, the squeaky clean must feel good to use. So, now let’s see how to restore the data in your device.
· On switching on the iPhone, your language choice will be asked for
· Then you will be asked if you want the cellphone to be set up as a new phone or restore your data from iCloud or iTunes.
· Select restore from iCloud and follow the directions to restore all the data from the backup.
What to do before sending an android phone for repair?
Create a data backup
Few options exist for creating a data backup case for an android phone.
· One can sync all the data with google and upload all the important files and pictures on google drive.
· Upload photos on Google Drive and music videos on google play
· Use an external device to secure your data. Connecting a USB cable can transfer data from your cell phone to your computer. If it feels difficult, you can always visit cellphone repair shops and take guidance.
Delete the data from the cellphone
After creating data backup, delete the entire data by doing a factory reset, as you don’t want any important data to reach the wrong hands.
Restore the data
Restoring the data is a simple but a time taking process. Patience is the key. All you need to do is log in to your Google account. Visit the settings option. Click on the personal section and tap on the backup and restore option. You will see an ‘automatic restore button.’ Click on that and let the technology do its magic.
Always protect your data and do a factory reset before handing over your cell phone to any stranger. Cybercrimes are on the rise. It is better to be safe than sorry. Also, always visit a reliable phone repair store like Quack Quack Phone Repair and get your repair done without any hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can phone repair stores steal your data?
Mostly phone repair stores try to follow the code of conduct and respect the privacy of their clients. But there are chances that you encounter a dishonest phone repair technician who will snoop on your cellphone’s data and even try to steal it.
Q: Why guard data during repairs?
Ans: As cybercrimes are rising, it is best to protect your data as much as possible from getting stolen.
Leave a Reply